If you know the line then you know that at this point in the movie the CIAs are considering just giving up. The movie isn’t important (except it IS a classic) but the feelings are. Yesterday went fine but I just want to give up.
I’m beginning to understand that this might be part of the reason I struggle to follow through. There are times when I’m not getting the outcome that I want or the outcome is not coming fast enough. There are other times when family or situations or sickness or anything really just suck the energy out of me and my determination dwindles with it. Today I’m blaming it on the weather. I miss being greeted by a sunrise.
The good news is that this 31 Day Challenge is not about outcomes so it’s hard for me to complain about that. It is easier for me to push through the lack of motivation because all I have to do is just 14 little items and then I can call it a day. It just doesn’t matter what comes of those 14 little items.
Getting Beyond the Giving Up
• It just doesn’t matter that I haven’t gotten everything done in my home that I want to get done.
• It just doesn’t matter that my husband is not doing the things that I want him to do.
• It just doesn’t matter that the kids are wasting time and not getting their work done.
• It just doesn’t matter that my garden has been invaded by weeds (and REALLY big ones).
• It just doesn’t matter that my book needs to be completely rewritten.
Nothing matters when all is said and done. As long as I AM doing the things that I know to do and I am staying focused on being consistent then the rest will begin to work out. All that really matters is that . . . 😀 I cross that finish line.
P.S. Meatballs 😉