Things can change so quickly. In September I was planning ways to save the raise that was coming in October. Now Iâ€™m just praying that I will make enough money that we wonâ€™t have to touch our savings.
Itâ€™s not easy to face a new situation. Most of us are settled in our lives and change is the last thing we are looking for. Even good changes can rock the boat. No matter where you are in life, things change â€“ which is why it is important to be prepared for what ever might come.
1. Be prepared to sacrifice. My schedule is completely different from what I expected. I have doing more writing â€“ which is great â€“ but not on my novels and print work â€“ which is not so great.
2. Be flexible. Just when I think that I have it all under control, some body changes the IT factor. The stress can crack me, or I can go with the flow. The flowing is easier and I get a lot more accomplished in the long run.
3. Be willing to make changes. Even the little changes can make a big difference when you are up against a brick wall. The big changes can take a bad situation and make it glorious.
4. Be positive. Keeping your heart, mind, eyes, and mouth focused on the good and the uplifting will go a long ways towards pulling you through. A focus in any other direction can make the change seem bigger, more drastic, and drawn out farther than reality ever will be.
5. Be open to the ones who love you â€“ but donâ€™t wallow in your situation. Friends and family want to support and help in any way they can. Donâ€™t hide your changes, embrace them, and ask for the assistance you need to push on through.
Changes are going to happen, no matter how hard you try to keep them away. You can embrace them or bury you head in the sand and hope they pass on by. Either way, you will eventually have to deal with the changes in life. The quicker you face them, the quicker you will find that you can handle what ever comes your way.