Starting out as a freelance writer can be confusing and difficult (and sometimes a little scary). The biggest problem is that every path to a freelance writing career is different and individual. The best thing that you can do when are starting out is to try to cover all the bases and be prepared for every thing – even the unexpected.
Tips for Freelance Writing
1. Know your purpose – why is that you are writing. If you don’t know why you are doing something then it will be difficult to do it successfully.
2. Do the purpose – there will be things that get in the way of your freelance writing purpose. You have to come back to that purpose and give it the time and care it needs.
3. Stay positive – look for the good in everything. It is ESPECIALLY important to look for good in any rejections that you might receive for your freelance writing queries.
4. Manage your time – learn how to schedule all that you need to do and to make time for your personal freelance writing along the way.
5. Laugh regularly – humor is the best tool to overcome defeat and to drive you one to freelance writing success.
6. Edit all that you do – be ready to present a completed work so that your freelance writing is always at the peak of professionalism.
7. Move toward your goals – every day do at least five things that will help you reach your freelance writing goals.
8. Bring life to your writing – look for stories in the ordinary actions of your life and of the lives around you.
9. Bring your writing to life – make your readers use all of their senses by being descriptive.
10. Write in a new way – create your own voice. Trends are fine, but give them your own twist.
11. Give it a break – walk away from the work before sending it in. Come back later and look at it with fresh eyes.
Make your own path to freelance writing success. Jump in and stick to the purpose that you uncover. Stay focused and positive about your freelance writing career. Making your own way is the best way to ensure your freelance writing success.