Flip the never to make room for possibility. Never may seem like a negative, but it all depends on how you look at it. Perspective and focus are EVERYTHING.
“Can’t never could do nothin’.” I heard this growing up most of my life. I may have even shared that with my own off spring. Despite the fact that the negatives counter act each other, I get the idea behind what is trying to be said.
Henry Ford is attributed with saying it this way, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t – you are right.”
The things I think determine the things I can do. So it is better to reject the never so I can make room for the possibility.
How to Flip the Never
Never reject a possibility because you won’t get credit for the idea.
If credit is the most important thing for you then you might want to rethink what you are doing and why you are doing it.
- Never reject a possibility just because you perceive a flaw.
There will be flaws or gaps or issues, but until you embrace the possibility you will not be in a position to make it whole.
- Never reject a possibility because it seems impossible.
Impossible only exists in the mind that refuses to try. If you have a dream in mind and are willing to work to make it happen then there is a way to make it happen despite how impossible it might look.
- Never reject a possibility because your mind is already made up.
There may be a better way to get there if you are open to finding a different way. If you are locked in to one way then you could miss the best that is out there for you.
- Never reject a possibility because it is illegal.
Don’t get me wrong. Don’t do it illegally, but let the inspiration begin to help you mold the possibility into something that is legal to do . . .or else set about to find a way to change the law before you pursue the possibility as it exists.
- Never reject a possibility because you don’t have the money, the manpower, the muscle, the time, or the skills to achieve it. You may not have the way right now, but you can find the way or you can connect with someone else that has the way already. Just because you come up with the idea doesn’t mean you have to be the only one that is involved.
- Never reject a possibility because it will create conflict.
I want to be aware of others and how my actions will affect the people around me, but never allow fear or worry to become a driving force. There will always be someone that doesn’t like what you are doing or what you want to do because you will never be able to please everyone.
- Never reject a possibility it’s not your way of doing things.
“We’ve never done it that way before” should almost be a challenge to try it that way. Even if you don’t change the way you do it in the future you will learn something from the trying.
- Never reject a possibility because it might fail.
The truth is the only way you can fail is to NOT try. Everything else is a learning opportunity.
- Never reject a possibility because you know it will succeed.
Many people fear success even more than they fear failure. You are designed to be more than you are now, and it’s okay to be all that!
It’s possible. Whatever I want to do and whatever I want to be is possible – if I can believe that it is possible and if I am willing to take the action to get there. It is amazing how many things I can get done once I start going and doing.
The troubles come when I let the nevers slow me down or stop me cold – my own nevers or the nevers of the others around me. I flip never into possibility by changing my focus and daring to try.
Challenge: I dare you. I dare you to dream about all the possibilities and then I dare you to begin taking steps to move into at least one of those possibilities.
The time is now!
Clear away the clutter and find the focus you need to walk out your purpose with bold determination.Click HERE to learn more