There are days when the need to knock off the smile from some happy person’s face can be overwhelming – at least that is what my husband says when we both face chaos and I do it with a smile. People tell me that happy people are annoying.
I confess that I am a positive person and most days I am able to look for the silver lining, grasp it and then carry on. I also confess that I could NOT believe that everyone was born with that ability. Even the cartoons get it. Think happy thoughts and you can fly.
There are days when I firmly believe that people around me attempt to take me down. Misery loves company and searches to get that company in any direction necessary. The bad news for those people is that it is impossible to kill a happy man. Death really only comes when hope no longer exists. As long as I can find a piece of joy I will have peace in my joy.
Two Reasons to Walk in Joy
- 1. The only thing I have to plant in my children is all that is in me. What do I want to plant in the hearts and minds of my children?
2. The only representation I have for Christ is the walk that I live each day. Do I want others to think that a life with Christ involves sucking a lot of lemons?
Walking in joy and carrying around that inner smile that often shines through to the outside is not always easy. Those days when the world singles me out for attack can be particularly difficult. The key lies in Philippians 4:8, “Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.”
Keys to Walking in Joy
- • Listen to music with a positive message.
• Find a blog that includes positive posts.
• Find some Facebook friends that can offer a word of encouragement.
• Take time to go through a list of things that you can thank God for at this moment.
• Read some of the praise Psalms.
The decision to walk through life happy and smiling or to want to slap the smile off the faces of “those people” is a personal choice that lies in you. Decisions can be affected by other people and situations but they can not be determined by them.
Happy people are growing in numbers. Are you ready to walk a walk that will lead to a happy life?