Thoughts on how to learn to live your extraordinary life from the Reflections and HOPE archives.
"When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness is the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.” They told me that I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life." – John Lennon
Can it be that simple – find happiness to live a fulfilled life?
They will tell you that is it not that simple. They will tell you that you have to do and build and get to come to that place of a fulfilled life. THEY will be wrong.
Although I may not completely agree with the quote from John Lennon – I do agree with the concept. If I am content in my life and if I invest in joy in my life then no matter what they say or what circumstances attempt to portray, I will live a fulfilled and gratified life.
Simple Tips for an Extraordinary Life
- Look for the blessings. My vision will dictate my direction. If I look for the blessings then I will see blessings and I will begin to walk down a path of possibilities.
- Share with others. Tell others about the positive things you are encountering. Tell others about the blessings you have experienced. Sharing the good in your life brings to remembrance all the good of your life.
- Give thanks to God. Everything that I have in my life comes from God. The job that I have, the income that flows from that job, the home, the family, the life . . . it all comes from God. When I invest energy in giving Him thanks then I keep the focus on the understanding that it is ALL Him.
- Be a blessing for others and to others. Nothing grows up the extraordinary in my life faster than reaching out to others. It can be something as simple as a smile or a note sent by mail or it can be something more extravagant like visiting a friend and offering to clean her home. Doing for others lifts me up as well.
- Get surrounded with hope and encouragement. Like grows like, so if I make the choice to listen to positive things, and to watch uplifting things, and to read good things then I lay a foundation of positives for my life.
It really is that simple – I have to choose to be in joy if I want to live in joy. I have to choose to see the positive if I want to walk out my day in the positive. I have to choose to stand in joy if I want joy to be the foundation of all that I do.
THEY are wrong. Stuff will never get me there. The extraordinary life begins in the heart and pours out from there.
Reflections and HOPE straight to your email
Sign up now for the weekly words of inspiration, motivation, and a little fun with Kathryn. You'll get the most recent "Reflections and HOPE" column plus other weekly tidbits. CLICK HERE