The Proverbs 31 woman does not need to know the conclusions to walk with peace in her life. She lives by faith. Life is about the journey for the Proverbs 31 woman and not just about the destination. It is possible to live this life of peace if you can learn to press on, keep the faith and finish the race.
Steps to Proverbs 31 Peace
1. Avoid living a life of “what ifs” – it doesn’t matter if you are thinking about things you should have done differently or things that might happen in the future. The only thing you get from “what ifs” is worry and regret. A Proverbs 31 woman does not worry because her hope rests in her faith.
2. Focus on the positive side of life – the more that you look up the less likely you are to get down. Try to find the good in any circumstance, situation or moment.
3. Stay away from negative people – the Proverbs 31 woman is an encourager. Negative people and negative thoughts make it difficult (and sometimes impossible) to encourage or be encouraged.
4. Surround yourself with positive words – words are one of the most powerful weapons that you possess. Post uplifting quotes, motivational goals and objectives, and other positive thoughts in places where you will see them and repeat them through out the day.
5. Create a happy place – make (or find) a place where you can go relax and recharge. It can be in the home or in the yard or across town. Just make it a place where you can go daily for a few minutes to focus on you.
6. Train your mind, heart and body – never stop learning, never stop growing and never stop working to make your body the healthiest that it can be. The Proverbs 31 woman is always looking for more ways to be more and to do more.
7. Expect change – there is no way to keep things the same day after day. Change is going to happen. It is often your reaction to change that makes change good or bad.
8. Keep looking forward – the easiest way to trip and fall is to keep looking backwards.
9. Prayerfully plan your next step – having a map to where you want to go and what you want to be will do wonders in reducing stress and worry. Prayer and planning are important components of all that the Proverbs 31 woman does in life.
10. Surround yourself with wisdom – find a group to help lift you up and hold you accountable, listen to teachings and positive music, read a book ever couple of weeks that will help make your life better.
11. Block out the world – or at least stop watching and listening to those things that you wouldn’t let your kids watch. If it is not good for the kids then it really is good for anyone.
12. Take a break – it is important to take time out and relax. Even God took the seventh day to rest and you should to.
13. Be with those that you love – spend time with the people that you love doing the things that you love TOGETHER.
14. Be prepared – it’s not just the Boy Scouts that need to be alert and ready for what ever comes by. The best way to be ready for what comes to past is to spend some time each day in the Word.
15. Expect God to show up – knowing the Word, knowing God and walking each day in prayer and faith is the way to guarantee that the blessings will be revealed.
The Proverbs 31 woman is focused on following a purpose beyond self. Learning to walk in faith is about a journey that continues to develop along the way.