The attitude with which you choose to face the day will change your day and ultimately change your world. You have to look up and see the sun even when the clouds are dark and grey. You have to choose to see the possibilities even when the path ahead is shrouded in fog. You have to choose to keep the Right focus even when the waves are whipping up around your legs.
Have an attitude that screams I will because He did and therefore I can.
Daily Inspiration and Encouragement
February 18, 2020
Daily Dash of Twisted Encouragement
Change Your Attitude to Change Your World
The morning routine went as it should. Everyone got up and going, doing what they needed to do go get ready for the day.
My husband came in to kiss me goodbye before heading out to work, and then things changed. He got goofy – because, if you meet my family you know goofy is ordinary around here – and then I got goofy.
I began spouting out positives:
Have a great day.
Today is a very good day.
My son started laughing and telling me to stop which only encouraged me to keep on.
Enjoy the sun (because it was cloudy but the sun is still there).
Be amazing and remember WHOSE you are.
My son continued to try to get me to stop and my husband latched on to the “whose you are” part of my comments.
I shouted a few more as they started out the door. The last thing my husband said was “okay, Rainbow Bright.”
And just like that, the day went from ordinary to extraordinary because of a shift in attitude. Instead of going along in the normal, we made an intentional choice to enjoy the day, to enjoy each other, and to smile.
Even a smile alone can be a huge boost to the day.
If you want to live bold in your unique design and you want to fulfill your purpose and place in changing the world (even one little bit at a time) then change your attitude.
Change Your Attitude
Your attitude is a choice. You can choose to sulk. You can choose to pout. You can choose to be annoying. Or you can choose to enjoy the journey. If you aren’t enjoying the journey then it may be time to change rides.
Or you may just need to change your attitude.
- Smile. Smiling is the easiest and fastest way to change your attitude. It’s hard to be negative when you are genuinely smiling. If you are struggling to find a smile, check out my Pinterest board, #GiggleSnort. If you aren’t on Pinterest or doing peruse of the Pinterest, search #gigglesnort for jokes, puns, and snarky rainbows moments.
- Make a joke. You can tell the joke to someone else, but even when you are lone and crack a joke you will find it lightens your day. Any time you lighten the day you begin to change the attitude for the day.
- Find something positive to fill the space. I enjoy using a music streaming service set to some of my favorite artists and genres to get my feet to tapping. Joyful dancing will change your attitude and get your heart to pumping for all the right reasons.
- Hang out with encouragement. A lot of people complain about their social media feeds, but I have been invested in accumulating positive connections and those positive connections feed me with encouragement. If a negative does slip into the feed, I ignore it or hide it. I make the purposeful choice not to engage with the negatives so I have the focus to embrace encouragement. Find your body of encouragement and you will have a well of courage to fuel your attitude adjustment.
- Remember the blessings. Write out your blessings. Keep a record. When things are not going the way you want or when you need a little pick me up, turn to your record of blessings. I have a wall of inspiration with cards, notes, and emails I have received. I have a folder of things I have encountered. I have a journal that includes a running list of blessings. The more ways you can engage with your blessings the more they will fuel your focus on hope.
You can go about your day in an acceptable way. You can go about your day followed by a cloud. You can go about your day beaming with the Light. The difference comes from your heart, not your circumstances.
When you want to change the world, change your attitude.
What is one thing you can do today to change your attitude?
Challenge for Intentional Actions
When you invest in any of these actions, you change your attitude. When you change your attitude, you change your focus. When you change your focus, you will change your world.
Dare to adjust your attitude to embrace to possibilities waiting for you.
Quote of the Day
“2 keys open success: 1. Make the better choices; 2. Take intentional actions.” – Kathryn Lang
When you have the attitude for better and the focus to move into the better then you will create the success you are designed to live.
What Others Say
Numbers 31 – 33
2 Chronicles 25 – 28
Hosea 8 – 14
“The words of a man’s mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.” – from Proverb 18:4
Your words matter – not only for you but for others. The deep waters of your words can water and give life or they can overwhelm and drown. Be invested in keeping control of the words you release so that you are always invested in words of life.
How do words affect your attitude?
Dig in deeper to the Word to grow a closer relationship with the Word.
What does it mean to be a light to the world?
Join us over at the Practical Proverbs Facebook page for daily Scripture prompts and thoughts.
Join in the Study!
Bible Study and Journal
Your daily prompts and readings are now available in journal form.
Order from Amazon
Or purchase a downloadable digital copy
Lend Your Support
Would you like to help Kathryn share stories of hope and inspiration with a dash of twisted encouragement? Please consider joining my Patreon team to offer your support to the stories she paints with words. Become a Patron!