Avoiding PLOM Disease
The recession creates more problems than financial ones. It seems that the current down turn in the economy has given rise to PLOM disease. I’d like to thank my friends over at Ziglar Pure and Simple for making me aware of the spread of PLOM disease and giving me some ideas of how to combat its attack and its spread.
Protect You and Your Family from PLOM Disease
1. Look outside your own shell. Focusing on helping other people will keep you from feeling sorry for your own life.
2. Give more than is expected. Projecting a positive attitude and presenting above acceptable results will drive more positive outcomes in your direction.
3. Be grateful. Things may not be exactly where you want but they could be worse. Be grateful for the things that you do have and you will find that you have more things to be grateful for than you can shake a stick at.
4. Smile more. A healthy heart is a happy heart and a happy heart will reveal itself through a smile. Make a joke, play with the kids or pet a puppy. Do something that makes you smile and that smile will spread.
5. Spend time praising in prayer. Thanking God for all that He is doing in your life pulls your thoughts away from the things that are not going the way you wanted. It is hard to feel sorry for yourself when you are deep in praise.
The basis of a positive attitude is a focus on others. Putting the spotlight on self pulls you down into a pit of despair and selfishness and ultimately ending in PLOM disease. “Poor Little Ole Me,” is no way to enjoy life. Look to help others, give more than you think you should, be grateful for where you are and what you have, SMILE and praise and you will inoculate yourself from PLOM disease. The best thing is that the one inoculation is contagious to those around you!