We are all called to be the temple of God. It can be tough walking that walk. Self control and flesh control are the walls of that temple. Finding ways to overcome self will help to guide satisfaction.
Tips for Victorious Living
1. Make time for God first thing in the morning. It doesn’t have to be forever – even five minutes will make a difference. The more time that you spend with God then the more time you will want to spend with God. Mark 1:35 “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.”
2. Be on the look out for God at work around you. He is always at work and He calls us to join him in what He is doing. As a workman for God my focus must always be on Him.
3. Keep your thoughts on praise. Fill you home with music that lifts you up. Talk to God about all of the good things that are going on through out the day (from the small, like a cool breeze at just the right moment, to the big, like that job offer you have been praying about for the last week).
4. Let the Word be a priority in your life. Find time to read and study the word. The more time you spend with some one then the more you will get to know them and understand them.
5. Write it down daily. Keep a journal of prayer requests, revelations from your readings or your studies and all of the things that you have to praise. Having it written down will give you something to look back on during those times when you may be having a struggle.
6. Relax. Walking with God means living in His blessing. There is no need to worry or fret about what tomorrow may hold – because in the end you know who is in charge of tomorrow.
Never compromise holiness. Make choices for your life that provides you with the tools that you need to live a life of victory and peace.