The dream of developing a career as a writer almost always involves money in some form. Some writers dream of cashing in those big checks. Other writers just want to make a living doing the thing they love.
No matter what amount of money makes up the target, there needs to be a plan to take the dream and make it a reality. “Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do” has a great tip for facing down any situation or problem. Just count to ten and win.
Simple Steps for Creating a Money Making Plan
1. Determine how much you want to make – per year, per month and per week. Dream big, but remember that you have to take the actions to make that dream come true.
2. Review the things you are currently doing to earn income. Total those up and see how they compare to the money you are dreaming about making.
3. Now kick that imagination back into gear. Think of all the things you can be doing to make more money writing. Look in your niche, but also think outside of the niche. The goal is to think up 10 different ways you can reach your target.
4. Break it down even farther. Make a list of what actions you will have to take to make each step a reality. For instance, if you want to sell 100 eBooks each week then you need to build a following that will allow that to happen. HOW will you build that following? Figuring out these details will get you one step closer to making the money you desire.
5. Make a commitment do one action to completion on your list until you reach that first mark. Then attack the next mark the same way.
Count to ten and win! Think of ten ways to make the income that you want from your writing. Then put actions to those ideas. Follow through on the actions and you will find you are at your goal before you know it!