Plan for Change – the 912 Project
The Glenn Beck program on Fox News was a shock to my system yesterday – Friday. I don’t always watch the program, but the house was quiet and I needed a break from my work. It will run again on Saturday, March 14 at 8 pm CST but I recorded it anyway. It was that powerful.
It left me with the hope that I could make a change – in me, in my family, in my area and even in my country. The program launched the 912 Project which calls all of us to look to 9 principles and 12 values that helped make this country what it is and to put those all back into our lives – and into our country.
• Hard work
• Personal responsibility
From the Glenn Beck Program and the 912 Project
1. America is good place, not perfect, but good.
2. I believe in God and He is the center of my life.
3. I must try to be a better, more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness and not a guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have. I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree or share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them. They answer to me.
From the Glenn Beck Program and 912 Project
Glenn Beck has called us all to meet up again on September 12, 2009 – just six months from now – and share how we have changed this country for the better.
Change is good and the 912 Project was the right motivation for me at the right time. I intend to watch the program again with my husband and my older children. My hope is to watch it with friends and other family as well. The more people on a mission to change then the more that change will rock the world!
I’m still kicking around the possibilities of what I need to do and what I can do and what I am willing to do. The Founding Fathers were all willing to sacrifice everything to make a change. They did it for their children and the future of the country. I am taking time to pray over what I am willing to do, to give up or to become to secure the future for my children and grandchildren.
What will you do in the next six months to make a positive change to you, your family, your town, your state and your country?