MAP IT OUT – Week 6 – ORGANIZATION
Monday – Tidy the Day
I need to tidy my day and organize my life. My idea and understanding of organization may not match yours (and I am certain that it doesn’t match my husband’s because he’s told me), but if it works for me and I work the system then it is the one that I need to use.
A tidy life makes room for the overflow of possibilities and blessings. Click To Tweet
I have to get more done if I am going to get farther along my journey. It is about organizing or tidying up my day, but it has to be a system that works for me or I will never put it to work.
How to Tidy the Day
I tidy up my day by taking a few simple steps:
- I write out daily targets for my day. “I will win when . . . “
- I rotate through my focuses. For me, it’s work, writing, and home.
- I set alarms and utilize digital clocks. It keeps me alert to the time (especially now that the government has stolen my morning AND the days are getting longer).
- I make use of ONE calendar – even if I have it set up in different ways.
- I take time at the end of the day to review my wins and to think of better ways for the next day.
I need to make the most of my day because this day is all that I have to make the most of. Tomorrow is always tomorrow. Right now is the time.If I’m going to make the most of my time then I need to be aware of how my time is passing. Click To Tweet
I always have a choice. I can hold tight to the day or I can roll over and let it pass.
It is my choice, and what I do will make the difference in what I get done.
Quote of the Day to Inspire and Encourage
“If I want more than who I am and where I am right now then I have clear the clutter, organize the resources, and make a way.” – Kathryn Lang
I have to make the choice.
It is not complicated, but it can be tough. It seems the more I want to do the more things come up to keep me from doing.
I have to do anyway.
The only way I am going to get there it to make the choice to go – and then keep going until I arrive.
I need to clear out the clutter to make room for the steps, and this will require that I tidy up my life!