The battle begins in your mind. Whether you are tackling weight, clutter, finances or any other troublesome spot in your life, you must think right before you can get right. It doesn’t matter what you do, how long you do it, or where you do it. If you don’ change your way of thinking then you will be right back where you are today before you know it.
1. Say it out loud and with enthusiasm. What ever change you desire, convince yourself that it is done. “I have released the 20 pounds.” “I have received the raise.” “I have finished the project.” You are retraining your mind to think positive about the issue at hand.
2. There is truth in the saying that “can’t never could.” If you believe you can’t do something then you have failed before you have tried.
3. Set a goal. There has to be something tangible to reach for and a specific time line for getting there. Saying you are going to do better doesn’t give you a measurement to see how far you have progressed.
4. Get going. Make giving up an unacceptable option. Fix in your mind that you will reach the goal.
5. Bring in support. Surround yourself with people who not only believe you can accomplish your goal but will verbally and emotionally support you in your efforts. You need “I can” people backing you up.
It is not always easy to make significant changes in your life or lifestyle â€“ it is always simple. Determine that you are going to change and then set out to find ways to make that change a reality. Once you can change your mindset about something then getting to that goal will be easier than you ever imagined possible.