Finding the right creative atmosphere to write can be difficult in a house full of people. Sometimes it can be tough writing in perfect circumstances. The key to finding and using the creative spirit is to know how to ignite your muse.
The Where, When and How of Creative Atmosphere
1. Make it easy to write. Place writing material around the house, in the car and even in your purse. Any time that the creative juices there will be a way for you to get the thoughts down.
2. Make a space for creativity. Put your desk in a place where you have a view. Place scented candles around the area where you write most often. Set up headphones or a radio with inspirational music to help you get your muse dancing.
3. Make the world go away. Turn off the television, the telephone and the social networking. When it is time to work make that work the focus of what you are doing.
4. Make it consistent. It is not important when you work but that you find a time that works for you. Be consistent in your work time and you will develop a habit of creativity.
5. Make writing the goal. Focus on getting words on paper and not on making the perfect piece. As the words flow the creativity will ignite. Creativity on fire will develop words that readers will be drawn to read.
6. Make editing secondary. Stopping as you write to edit the words will hinder the flow of your creativity. Let it all hang out and then go back and trim up to make it pretty later.
Writing is a creative endeavor. Putting together the right components for your work space will help you expand your creativity and guide your writing success.