There is only one way to know what God wants for my life. There is only one way to hear His voice and understand his directions. There is only one way to love, trust, and obey the Father.
Henry Blackaby writes about the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (the Mounties) in the bible study “Experiencing God.” It seems those training in anti-counterfeiting spend all their time studying the real deal.
- They never look at the ways the criminals counterfeit.
- They don’t study the fake bills.
- Over and over and over the real money is closely observed.
The Mounties become so intimate with the real bill that they can easily spot the fake.
The only way to know the right path for my life is to know the Path Maker intimately so that I can spot the fakes.
- Spending time alone just listening to the still small whisper
- Spending time talking with God about my dreams, hopes, desires, and even frustrations will assure me of the right walk.
Spending time in the Word (reading, studying, memorizing)
If I can make each movement of my day, from rising out of bed to fixing the meals to writing my articles, completely focused on His person, His purpose, and His ways THEN I will have made it.