The Proverbs 31 Dare
Things have changed. All you have to do is eaves drop on a conversation where some of the speakers are over 60. Things move faster, kids get older sooner and there are no manners any more. The world is going to hell in a hand basket. It is time to be the glimmer of hope that the world needs to see to recognize that things are changing.
First 5 Steps to the Proverbs 31 Dare
1. Help others over self. You may not be a Florida fan but you can not help but be a Tim Tebow fan. This is a talented (and nice looking) athlete that is more concerned about his team than he is himself. He is more focused on helping others than partying during spring break. He is living the idea in proverbs of reaching out his hand to help others and having a light on so that those in need know where to turn.
2. Prepare for today and tomorrow. The grasshopper made fun of the ant for working during the summer but when winter came the grasshopper was in trouble and had to turn to the ant for help. Proverbs 31 teaches you to be an ant.
3. Be a good steward over all that you have right now. My youngest son broke his remote control car. He is only three so my first instinct was to buy him another one (and I probably would have) but when I talked to him about his treatment of the car he said, “you can just buy me another one.” Needless to say, he will not be getting anything else until he learns to take care of the things that he already owns.
4. Stay strong. It takes a lot of strength to keep the house clean, keep a garden or just keep up with the kids schedule. This may mean doing some actual exercise if you do not do the manual labor on your own then you may have to figure out a way to strength your arms and build your endurance.
5. Keep up the home. It is important that people feel comfortable in your home and that you feel comfortable having people in your home. You will do that by making a schedule for the house hold chores and being consistent in getting them done. Team work will be especially helpful with this task so be sure to have a family meeting to determine the schedule and to divvy up the tasks.
The Proverbs 31 life is not impossible. It is not meant to be done in sections. Stepping out with confidence and boldness will begin the process of living the Proverbs 31 Life. Follow that through will a schedule to guide your actions and attitude and you will discover the secret to living a Proverb 31 life that will lead to peace and joy.
Please take a moment to vote for meif you have not already voted today.