It all started with technical issues – which is a LOT funnier than it might sound once you get to know me. One of the reasons I shied away from public speaking was my fear of the squelching mike. The Growing HOPE radio broadcast is almost six months old, but the technical issues still pop up.
Today was no exception – but I found my way through and discovered that I don’t even have to stay in my OWN box.
Growing HOPE CWA Radio Broadcast – June 16, 2014
Top Lessons from Growing HOPE June 16, 2014
– Think outside the box. Ike Pigott told me to “build the nest for the egg” and I LOVED that image. It is a good thing I caught the message because I needed it in spades for this particular show. Thinking outside the box makes it easier to deal with the unexpected and to push beyond the expected.
– Sometimes we have to be quiet to hear what is going on in our lives. It took me a long time to learn the quiet lesson (and my husband might tell you I still need some practice), but I am finding comfort in the silence – which is why I chose this week to share “In the Silence” by Darren Camp.
– Relationships require investment. First you have to make the connections- and just making the connections will require time, energy and sometimes finances. Next, you have to invest in building the connections into relationships. Then, you have to continue to invest in the relationships to nurture them to bloom.
– A little bit makes a big difference. If I do things – just a little bit at a time – then I am not overwhelmed and I can more enjoy the journey.
– People that want to find flaws or be offended will be – no matter how much I do or how hard I try. Instead of trying to please men, I should just concentrate on pleasing God. If I reach to Him for affirmation then I will not be disappointed.
It is a journey – it is a process – growing HOPE, growing relationships or just growing success. I have to keep on investing, keep on trying and keep on smiling. Sometimes just the smiling will make the difference I need.