It all started in the Garden of Eden. First sin causes us to have the urge to cover up. We are taught from the word go to put on clothes. The only problem is that once we accept Christ as the Savior and begin to walk the path that we are called to we are required to shed all of our cover ups and go naked.
Taking it All Off
1. Remove the mask. It is time to expose the true you. Pull off the “I am happy” mask or the “etiquette” mask or what ever mask you might be wearing. Be willing to show God who you really are and you will begin to show God to the world.
2. Strip away the pride. Be willing to ask for help. Ask God for help with everything, from getting dressed in the morning to getting married. Be open to asking others for help, guidance and understanding. Reaching out will allow others to reach out to you.
3. Shed the deception. There is a lot to be said about the truth setting you free. The more that you begin to understand and choose truth then the more freedom you will find.
4. Get out of the rut. Choose to turn around and follow a new path. Get out of the way you normally do things and choose to do the things that you need to be doing instead.
5. Expose the light. The more you learn and the more you know then the lighter things will become. Getting beyond the don’ts and finding comfort in the do’s will give light to your path.
It is important to learn how to expose the core of me in order to be a testimony of Him. The more that I am able to let go then the easier it will be to see the Father in my actions, my attitudes and my walk.