Relationships INcouraged – 3 – Sharing Encouragement
Listen to today’s broadcast by clicking the play button at the bottom of the page
The more I practice sharing encouragement, the better and more focused I get at sharing encouragement. There are few things I have found that seem to encourage most everyone no matter where they may be in their journey – either in some combination or sometimes just one.
I become a better encouragement sharer when I take the time to learn simple ways to share and take into account what is needed in the first place. It has more to do with a heart and a hope on both ends of the encouragement.
Make Sharing Encouragement a Habit
1. I share words of praise. I compliment what someone is doing or what they have done or where they are going. I focus on a positive element and highlight that positive.
2. I share an attitude of praise. I give a hug or a pat on the back or sometimes just a smile – a physical attitude to let the person I am seeking to encourage know that I appreciate the efforts being made.
3. I have a heart of thanksgiving. I invest my energies into thinking about the ways I am grateful for having that person in my life in that moment, in the past, or with expectation towards the future.
4. I developed a habit of unspoken prayer. I take time out to pray for those that I want to encourage because I know that lifting someone up in prayer can be the most powerful encouragement possible even when they don’t know the prayers are happening.
5. I created a mindset of being relentlessly giving – because it takes me out of a place of expectation into a focus of encouragement.
Sharing encouragement needs to be tempered with a little discernment or we would all have wallpapered tortoises wandering around. Sharing works best when I invest in learning specific needs, but there are also some general practices that make sharing encouragement easier.
Get more simple ideas for investing in relationships forged in courage – download your free PDF of the eBook Relationship INcouraged
Download and listen to the podcast – Relationships INcouraged – 3 – Share Encouragement
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Email | RSS | More