Seeing the silver lining is the ability to see the sun even in the storm. For some people, it comes naturally. for others, it comes with practice.
Both times, they mentioned I could be annoying. I not only look for the silver-lining, I overlook.
(I NEVER point out the silver lining just to annoy my husband. That would be wrong.)
The normal way of looking at things, or at least normal from the world’s perspective, involves seeing the problems. The EXTRAordinary way of looking at things embraces the possibilities.
I’ve tried to explain to my family how my superpower of seeing the silverlining is proof of my EXTRAordinary. They tell me it’s just me being extra.
In truth, I know it can be extra, but in being the extra it makes it even easier for me to find something positive to embrace.
Developing Silver Lining Vision
- Speak the possibilities. Say what is possible even if the possible is also a little bit impossible. Speaking the words will help you focus on the possibilities and will begin to crush the problems under their weight.
- Write it down. Write out the possiblities every day until you can write them without looking at what you wrote yesterday.
- Share what you discover with those around you. Telling others may inspire more ideas from you and from the people you’ve shared with.
- MOVE! Take a step towards the possibilities to bring them into probabilities. Actions breathe life into the possible. Developing the probabilities from the possibilities makes the impossible seem possible and changes the direction of your reality – but you have to take that step of action.
- Repeat the above steps until it silver lining vision becomes as natural as breathing.
Seeing the possibilities goes against the normal and customary way of doing things. People will stare. People will probably talk. But keep on keeping on until there is nothing BUT silver linings surround your life.
Silver lining vision is not about living in a delusion. It is about refusing to allow circumstances to dictate the reality of the moment. Will you dare to live beyond the ordinary and begin to see your life with a silver lining vision?