Listen and watch #GrowingHOPE daily by using the links at the bottom of the page. Episode 59 – Learn to Stand
Daily Inspiration and Encouragement
Friday, November 15, 2019
Quote of the Day
“Be content where you are while you pursue where you want to be. Contentment is a place of peace and hope for tomorrow, not a place of settled in the moment.”
Moment of HOPE
Be Content Where You Are
When you know your unique design then it is easier for you to stand firm in your walk. When you are standing firm then you can rest content even when things aren’t the way you want.
Too often, content is declared as surrender, but contentment is a sign of strength and courage because it is a place of peace despite the circumstances with a focus on the hope of what tomorrow will show.
Being content in your going will allow you to be daring to pursue your place in purpose.
Challenge for Intentional Actions
Be Content Where You Are
Accept what is – because it is.
Hope for more – because there is more.
Let the hope be the focus and create the next little bit for your journey.
Numbers 22 – 24
2 Chronicles 13 – 16
Daniel 5 – 8
“No injury whatsoever was found on him because he had trusted in his God.” – from Daniel 6:23
Daniel survived the lions’ den because of his focus, not because he could outmaneuver the circumstances.
When things don’t go your way, where do you turn?
Join us over at the Practical Proverbs Facebook page for daily Scripture prompts and thoughts.
Place in Purpose
You are designed on purpose and for a purpose. Place in Purpose walks you through the questions that will help you plot your path to unlocking your heartseed.
Order your copy today.
Today’s Growing HOPE broadcast
59 – Learn to Stand
We learn to stand when we learn to be flexible, focused, and grounded in hope. The sand is constantly shifting and life is always spinning so you need to create a foundation strong enough to brace you up against the storms.
Five Ways to Learn to Stand
- First, know your facts. The facts of who you are and WHOSE you are should be the foundation information that you use to stand.
- Second, believe in your focus and the unique journey that you are on. You are not like anyone else and your focus will not be like anyone else. That is okay.
- Third, expect the opposition. When you do what you are uniquely designed to do there will be people that don’t understand and when people don’t understand they will often oppose. Be prepared.
- Fourth, build a foundation. You need somewhere to stand if you are going to stand and you better choose a firm foundation or the shifting ground will knock you down.
- And finally, keep your focus so you don’t lose your way. Know God. Listen to God. Follow God. Although it is a simple idea, it is almost always not going to be sensible to the world.
It is your choice and what you choose will determine the path you walk. When you choose to focus on the world, the world will allow you to sink – and most likely the world will be active in shoving you under. But when you choose to focus on God then the One that calms the storms will also calm your heart and give you the peace to stand strong.
You learn to stand when you choose to have focused flexibility.
Watch, Listen Engage with #GrowingHOPE
Watch on Youtube
Watch and Share on Facebook