Accept the past, learn, and then make the choices that will move you forward.
Listen and watch #GrowingHOPE daily by using the links at the bottom of the page.
Daily Inspiration and Encouragement
Tuesday, December 24, 2019
Quote of the Day
Moment of HOPE
Learn from the Past
When you are creating the habits for living your place in purpose, you will need to learn from where you have been and recognize what you did (or didn’t do) to get to this point. You then make a plan that will repeat the actions for the good results and you shift the actions away from the bad results.
When you learn from what lies in the past and you adjust as necessary, then you take away the power the past has to hold you down or to hold you back from where you want to go.
Determine today to review where you have been so you can create a way to move forward into your unique place in purpose.
Challenge for Intentional Actions
Leave the Past in the Past
You are where you are because you have made the choices that led you here. You have a unique design and the choices that you make – each little bit and each day – are the only way to reach that design.
You have to determine to make your way forward.
1. Write down the choices that hold you back.
2. Review why they are holding you back.
3. Find one little bit you can do to move beyond.
It is simple, but it is a choice you have to make and the choices of the past will do all they can to hold you where you were and make the move forward impossible.
1 Thessalonians 1 – 3
Revelations 15 – 16
John 1 – 3
“All things come into beign through the Word and without the Word nothing came into being and nothing will come into being.” – from John 1:3
It all begins and ends with the Word. The only way to live your possibilities and to create your BIG DREAMS is to be invested consistently in the Word.
What are you investing in the Word?
Join us over at the Practical Proverbs Facebook page for daily Scripture prompts and thoughts.
Place in Purpose
You are designed on purpose and for a purpose. Place in Purpose walks you through the questions that will help you plot your path to unlocking your heartseed.
Order your copy today.
Today’s Growing HOPE broadcast
80 – Accept the Past
It’s not always easy to let go. The more you felt at the top of your game in a moment, the more you want to hold on to that moment – even if holding on to what was holding you back from all that could be.
Only when you accept the past will you be in a position to let it go so you can move forward with your possibilities.
- First, confront your decisions. Look the past right in the eyes and be honest about how that decision got you to this point. The best way to brave the past is to face it head-on.
- Second, move out. Refuse to stay where you are. Refuse to live in the moments of your past – the good or the bad.
- Third, be real. You could ignore the past but that doesn’t stop the past from existing.
- Fourth, skip the repeats. The only thing worse than ignoring the past is repeating it while still expecting different results.
- Finally, face the fear. The past will loom large and demand attention and those two things can fuel fear. Refuse to allow the experiences of the past to scare you out of taking a step today.
Refuse the fear.
You have to accept the fear and learn from the fear if you are going to be in a position to move forward.
Watch, Listen Engage with #GrowingHOPE
Watch on Youtube
Watch and Share on Facebook