A plan is a good idea – no matter if you are going on vacation, putting together a party or just laying out the future of your spiritual life. Putting together a plan for a purpose in life does not have to be difficult or painful and only requires answering a few questions.
Questions for a Spiritual Plan
- 1. What are my goals – goals are long term points that I intend to reach
- a. Where do I want to be in my walk?
b. What do I want to do with my time?
c. What is the picture that I have of my self and my life?
2. How will I reach each of the goals – setting objectives gives me tangible and measurable targets to help me reach each goal
- a. What will I do each day to equip me for my purpose?
b. What activities or groups can I add to help me reach my goals?
c. How can I serve others in order to serve God?
3. What are my gifts, talents and interests – God wove me in my mothers womb and my gifts, talents and interests are directly related to my purpose
- a. How can I use what I have to do what I am called to do?
b. What is my reason for doing what I do?
c. Where is my heart – for God or for praise?
There has to be a plan for any journey. Creating a plan for a spiritual walk is important for a smooth (or at least a smoother) walk through life. Taking time to lay out goals, objectives and talents will help evaluate decisions and choices.