Building a Life Worth Living by Kathryn C Lang
from the Reflections and HOPE Archives 9-27-15
“The one with the most toys wins.” The idea and the images that come from this statement range from kids in a sandbox to grown adults on the golf course (or the lake). Society teaches that a life worth living is about stuff.
“Get a good education so that you get a good job so that you make enough money to save up some money so that you can do what you want to do after you retire.”
THEY may not say it like that – but that is the idea that THEY want all of us to follow. And like lemmings to the cliff, off we go.
“I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11
God says that the life He wants for me starts with peace – not with stuff. Following that life of peace will lead to an expected end.
“Ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13
Top Tips for that Better Life of Peace
- Know your why. God has designed you for a unique place and a unique purpose. There is not another soul that is like you – nor will there ever be. Finding my unique purpose will give me the directions I need to avoid the fate of the lemmings.
- Build a foundation of Joy. Joy is like being caught in the sunrise – it is the essence of warmth and comfort and strength all rolled together in confident boldness. It is more than happiness. It is more than being excited about something. It is an encapsulating peace that comes from a personal relationship with God and covers all moments. THAT is why the Joy is the strength.
- Grow up hope. Hope makes all things possible. Hope brings the Light. Hope breaks through the barriers. Hope gives you the willingness to hold on and the momentum to take that next step.
- Stretch daily. Reach farther in your Faith than you did yesterday. Reach out to that place for which you alone were designed. Daily stretching grows the muscles and makes it possible to do things you could never do before.
- Take a step. The only way to get there is to move in that direction. It will require action. It will require movement. It will require walking out the Word daily. I can say that I will. I can plan to do it. Until I walk the walk then I will never get closer.
God desires more for me than I could ever imagine. He has completed the course. He has won the Victory. He has made the Way. The rest is up to me. Will I choose to walk out the life that He desires and designed for me – in purpose and on purpose – or will I listen to the lemmings of the world?
My choice – it is what lies between me and a life worth living.
Do you need a little inspirational reminder?
Sign up today for the Reflections and HOPE weekly newsletter and I will send you some words of HOPE to help encourage you on your journey. Sign Up HERE