Listen and watch #GrowingHOPE daily by using the link at the bottom of the page.
Daily Inspiration and Encouragement
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Quote of the Day
“To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
Thought of the Day
You ARE the Key to Your Change
Admit, Accept, move to face down your problems and begin living your balanced life. Things happen. You are where you are. And you can get to where you want to be. It is your choice. Nobody else can choose it and nobody else can do it.
- Admit that you are the problem. No matter what outside forces pressed against you, it’s your choices that got you here.
- Accept where you are. You are where you are. Wishing different and hoping for different won’t change your current location. Acceptance creates room to go.
- Plan for where you want to be. You can get there if you know where there is and then if you make a purposeful and intentional plan to get there – a little bit at a time.
- Let go of the past. You can’t change yesterday no matter how hard you try. You only waste your resources trying.
- Move on into the new possibilities one step at a time. Now is the time. Little bit is the objective. Take one step into the life you want to live.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said it this way, “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” Pursing your BIG DREAM goals or just having the balance to get you through the day begins with you.
Challenge for Intentional Actions
Make a list of the top projects that had your focus today or this week. Are they in the present, the past, or the future?
Scripture of the Day
“Faith apart from good works is dead.” – from James 2:26
Join us over at the Practical Proverbs Facebook page for daily Scripture prompts and thoughts.
Want More Focus?
Purchase the downloadable Focus Folder and you will have the tools to help you find your focus and keep your focus no matter how many distractions or detours come at you.
Watch today’s Growing HOPE broadcast